To ensure your oral health remains in good condition, always make sure you are practicing effective oral health care treatments. This includes brushing effectively. If you’re not taking care of your brush, you cannot expect your brush to take care of you. Listed below are common tooth brushing techniques to employ:
– Optimum brushing techniques include brushing your teeth at roughly a 45-degree angle. Brush gently with small strokes and never press too hard.
– To avoid contamination, never share your toothbrushes with anyone else and never let anyone else use your toothbrush.
– Always remember to brush your tongue along with your teeth to help remove bacteria and keep your breath fresh.
– If your brushes fail to work effectively, consider easier dental cleaning tools such as electric toothbrushes.
– Brush your teeth every single day twice daily. Each session should last approximately two to three minutes.
– When selecting a toothbrush, look for one that has soft bristles and a large brush head that can easily and effectively reach all areas within your mouth.
– Never assume your mouth is clean with brushing alone, so be sure to implement additional techniques including mouthwash and dental floss.
– Replace your toothbrush when it begins to wear down or fail to function properly. Typically, a brush will last 4 months.
A damaged smile can be treated with the help of our licensed professionals at Knollwood Dental Group. If you need a dentist in Mobile, Alabama, you can book an appointment with Dr. Donald Brown III at our dentist office, by contacting us at 251-666-3982. We can help you choose the right service for a brighter smile!